GRADE APPEAL POLICY
Policy:SchoolCreative provides an opportunity for students to resolve grade disputes in a fair and equitable manner. The policy applies to all SchoolCreative students who are currently enrolled or were enrolled 30 days prior to the submitting their concern to the Department Head.Procedure for Grade Appeal:
- If a student is dissatisfied with the grade received on an exam or final course transcript and can provide evidence that a higher grade is warranted he/she should discuss with his/her instructor. The Instructor will reconsider the grade and, if warranted, assign a different grade.
- If the student is not satisfied with the outcome of his/her appeal to the Instructor, he/she should submit a written appeal to the Department Head.
- The Department Head will obtain a copy of the mid-term rubric or final assessment rubric and will have the assessment re-marked by another instructor.
- If the assessment achieves a higher grade on re-mark, the higher grade will be assigned to the student. If the assessment achieves a lower grade on re-mark, the original grade will be retained.
- If a grade appeal is reviewed by the Department Head, the grade assigned following the re-mark and review will be final and cannot be appealed further.