SchoolCreative provides an opportunity for students to resolve disputes of a serious nature in a fair and equitable manner. The policy applies to all SchoolCreative students who are currently enrolled or were enrolled 30 days prior to the submitting their concern to the Sr. Educational Administrator.
- When a concern arises, the student should address the concern with the staff member most directly involved. If the student is not satisfied with the outcome at this level, the student should put his/her concern in writing and deliver it to the Sr. Educational Administrator.
- The Sr. Educational Administrator will arrange to meet with the student to discuss the concern and desired resolution within 10 school days of receiving the student’s written concern. The Sr. Educational Administrator will document the conversation in the school’s Incident Form. A copy shall be given to the student, a copy will be placed in the school’s Incident Form File, and the original will be placed in the Student File.
- The necessary enquiries and / or investigations shall be completed and documented no later than 15 school days following the receipt of the student’s written concerns. The Sr. Educational Administrator will do one of the following within 15 days of receiving the student’s written concerns:
- Determine that the student’s concerns are not substantiated; or
- Determine that the student’s concerns are substantiated in whole or in part; or
If it has been determined that the Student’s concerns are substantiated in whole or in part the Sr. Educational Administrator shall include a proposed resolution of the substantiated concern(s). If the student is not satisfied with the determination of the Sr. Educational Administrator, the student may request the services of a third party mediator to assist in the resolution of the dispute.