Students will learn to navigate the business of show business. In this course students will explore how to create and nurture relationships with agents, producers and studios. It will focus on the legal elements of the industry as well as the importance of creating an effective brand. It will explore the various ranges of production from ultra low budget independent production to a studio feature film.
Course Goals and Outcomes
Upon completion of the “Business” Module, students will be able to:
- Create and nurture a strong working relationship with their agent and/or manager
- Navigate and Identify key components in common contracts
- Fine tune a script to meet the needs and notes of a producer and/or studio
- Make the greatest impact on a script using dialogue, pacing and character development
- Generate and Implement successful habits that have been tried, tested and proven by countless screenwriters before them
Students are evaluated by a written exam.
From Reel to Deal
The Script is finished, Now what do I do?
The Writer Got Screwed but Didn’t Have To
The 101 Habits of Highly Successful Screenwriter.
Supplies and Equipment
Laptop with course specific software and access to a printer and the internet.