This course will gather a students projects & materials and present them in a marketable way via a website, preparing them to find and gain careers in the gaming industry. Also required as part of this class is a personal portfolio piece, allowing students to show off their own personal skills.
Course Goals and Outcomes
Specific areas this course will look at include:
- Critiquing previous class materials
- Creation of website to sell student to employers
- Resumes & Cover letters
- Applying for jobs
- Attending career fairs & approaching employers
- Job interview training
- Whiteboard interview question technique and practice
- Setting up your own game company
- Getting funding
- Getting business
- Revenue avenues
- Creating personal portfolio project.
Supplies and Equipment
Students are required to bring the following with them to classes: 3” binder with paper and tabs, notebook, pen, pencil, highlighter, calculator. It is required that students have computer access outside of class.